In light of current events and attempts to slow the spread of COVID-19, many events are being postponed or cancelled. We are attempting to compile a list of larger events that have been cancelled in the Columbus and Central Ohio area. Your health is important to us and we will do our best to keep this list accurate. However, please note that this is a helpful list only. Please check the official statements and websites of the companies and events involved.
As the state of Ohio goes through a phased re-opening, please see the most updated information at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
- The Ohio Government’s FAQ on the Stay at Home Order
- Restaurant information, buy-back options, and small business support
- For unemployment help click here or call 1-877-644-6562.
- For helpful info on how to respond, click here.
(as of Dewine’s announcement May 14th)
May 15: Personal appearance/beauty services including hair salons, day spas, nail salons, barbershops, tanning facilities, massage therapy, tattoo parlors and body piercing locations
May 15: Outside services at restaurants and bars, carryout will continue
May 21: Inside service at restaurants and bars, plus carryout
May 21: Campgrounds
May 22: Horse racing, no spectators
May 26: Ohio BMV offices
May 26: Gyms, fitness centers, recreation centers, non-contact sports leagues, swimming pools
May 31: Day care centers, day camps, with enhanced protocols
Steps to Prevent Illness
The CDC has recommendations on how to stay healthy, including precautions in public and how to properly disinfect your home.
As believers, we know God is still in control and he is good. Join us in praying that people keep calmness and kindness toward each other.
Event Information and Cancellations
(to the best of our knowledge)
- Gatherings of more than 100 people – does not include grocery stores, libraries, airports, religious gatherings, weddings, funerals, forms of transit or athletics events that exclude spectators.
- Columbus Metropolitan Library is beginning curbside pickup! May 18th at the Gahanna, Hilliard and Parsons locations. eContent is also available.
- COSI closed until at least June.
- The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts has suspended all events and performances.
- Travel from EU to the U.S. has been restricted.
- Ohio Statehouse suspending guided tours.
- Most colleges have suspended in-person classes and postponed graduation ceremonies.
- Many churches have canceled weekend services, including Lifepoint Church, Veritas Community Church, and Grove City United Methodist Church.
You can view a note from the Columbus Expo Center and a calendar of events and cancellations HERE.
Nationwide Arena will be updating each event as changes occur. Check their calendar HERE.
Licking Memorial Health Systems (LMHS) continues to promote the safety of our patients, employees and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning Monday, April 27, LMHS is asking all visitors to wear a cloth face covering when visiting any of our healthcare facilities. Even those who feel well and are not exhibiting symptoms may be carrying the coronavirus. Covering the mouth and nose will help to prevent the spread of the virus. In addition to mask usage, LMHS encourages all visitors to maintain a safe social distance of six feet from others.