COVID-19 | We’re in this together.
Our state is working to slow the spread of coronavirus and we’re all doing our part to help by staying at home and practicing social distancing. We know its important, and we also know how easy it is to get restless.
We wanted to find a way to help. So we’ve created a special Family Activity Hub full of resources for you and your kids. Everything from online museum tours, cooking classes, homeschooling help, and virtual zoo safaris. Take a look for some great ideas to do together in this time!
Check Out What's New on The River...
We’re adding new music all the time!
Check out two new River Video Series, ON EDGE and Personal Space, featuring Matthew West, Crowder, and Micah Tyler!
City Outreach - LoveCbus
We’ve launched a new initiative called LoveCbus! Our goal is to connect you to a volunteer or donor opportunity that you actually love, from working with kids to donating food. We know that it takes loving our own neighborhood to change the world, so we want to pour back into the community — and we’d love for you to join us!
Could you use some hope?
Do you have questions? Feel discouraged? We’ve been there, and we want to be there for you, like we know Jesus is there for all of us. We’ve tried to answer some of the hard questions and we’d love to hear your thoughts, pray for you, and let you know the “why” behind this station’s commitment to be encouraging.
Meet the DJ’s
Here are the people who will walk you through it all.
- When she’s not hanging out with her hubby and son, Mary’s either passionately playing sports, generously volunteering, or hitting the clearance rack. You may hear Mary talking about her shortcomings and the messy side of life. Yet, if you hang around long enough you’ll also realize that her sensitivity is balanced by her strong-will and sarcastic sense of humor. Mary’s most known for her enormous collection of hand sanitizer and her neat and tidy home and office space.
- Josh and his beautiful wife, Jennifer, have four terrific kids. He enjoys wrestling on the floor and watching Cleveland sports with the three boys, and chatting & doing artwork with his daughter. Josh calls himself a “functional introvert.” The translation is basically that he can carry on short conversations with strangers, but he’s much more comfortable with family and close friends, or on his own. And he loves to explore creation, and the worlds of Middle Earth and Star Wars to pass the time.
- Laura lives a life full of adventure. She was born in Central Ohio, raised in Alaska, thawed out in Florida, and moved back home to be near family. She’s crazy about her handsome and patient hubby, Q, their fantastically talented daughter, Hosanna, and a plethora of pets – 2 small dogs, a neurotic cat, and lovable rat and a prickle pickle Hedgehog. She loves road-biking, kayaking, hiking, romantic comedies, and a good blonde joke. Plus she could eat pizza every day of the week!
- Hailey is a jack of all hobbies, master of none. Reading, running, cooking, or crafting, she enjoys it all, especially if it involves a new challenge. She’ll admit she tries to tackle life on her own, but she’s learning how to better rely on God and on people, especially her family and hubby, Clint. Hailey is a tea enthusiast, a podcast addict, and an avid pug-lover, even though it’s not realistic for her to have one of her own just yet. Someday!
- Jace is a fan of airports, road trips, and city skylines. He’s lived all over the country, but is thrilled to be back in Ohio! But Jace is also not-so-secretly from Michigan, making him a staunch Wolverine fan for life. Whenever he’s not on the air, Jace is likely buried in a hipster coffee shop, posting something witty on Twitter, or adventuring with his wife, Lyndsey. He loves Jesus, reading C.S. Lewis, and wearing obnoxiously wild socks. He dislikes winter weather, being late, and cauliflower trying to imitate mashed potatoes.
- Greg can tell you to the day…ANY day, how long he’s been married to his awesome wife Julie. They have two sons, Wesley and Cooper. Greg’s known for Friday night homemade pizza night as well as being pretty handy around the house when he has the time. You may have also heard Greg’s voice at Nationwide arena, where he’s been the Public Address announcer (AKA the “Jackets on the powerplay!!!” guy) for the Columbus Blue Jackets since they came to Columbus in 2000-he’s never missed a Blue Jackets home game.
- Brittany is a lover of all things Jesus, Ohio State Buckeyes, and the color pink. She is a bubbly, little ball of passion and energy, always excited to make a new friend. When she isn’t spending time with family and friends, you can find her aimlessly wandering around Hobby Lobby, or curled up on the couch binge watching Gilmore Girls… for the 97th time.
- Wife to Bill and Mom to three boys and one dog, Laura Lee is in mom-mode 110% of the time, even to others with no relation to her. When not homeschooling and shuttling kids from one thing to another, she likes to read, journal, knit, scrapbook, or any other crafty endeavor she attempts from Pinterest. Passionate about God, family, and friends, her sassy comments either gain her confidants…or get her in trouble…on and off social media. If it’s tolerable outside, you might find her “running” the dog (real runners would argue she’s not really running) or peddling around town on her bike, with or without the family in tow.
- In my 18 years in radio, I've been everywhere. Ohio, Minnesota, Virginia, Kansas, Missouri... I like travel, but I've never used my passport. Bucket list for sure.
They asked me to share some fun facts, so I’ll say I love to cook and I sing pretty well and just about everywhere… I almost won on the Voice (JK. I’ve never been on the Voice.)
Like most of us, I know God gave me a gift, but life is all about the process of figuring it out. I’d love to have you help me discover more on my overnight show on 89.3 the River!