So we’re in our second full week of January. This means a lot of us are just two weeks into eating more healthily, or at least making conscious decisions concerning food, ourselves, and our families. How are you doing? Still truckin’ along or have we lost speed?
Even if you’re still preparing homemade meals each day (woo-hoo! Keep it up!), have you indulged in between those meals with nutritionally empty snacks? Or maybe you’re looking for some simple healthy lunch options for the kiddo’s. I’ve got some super ideas for quick and healthy snacks to fill you up while keeping you on track with your health goals!
Monessa’s Top Ten Healthy Snacks:
- Homemade Hummus with carrots, bell peppers & cucumbers. (my favorite hummus recipe)
- Steamed Edamame with sea salt.
- Homemade Sweet Potato fries. (try this recipe!)
- Cottage cheese with tomatoes, or diced pineapple.
- Greek yogurt topped with oats & cinnamon.
- Apple Slices with natural peanut butter. (it’s easy to make your own PB.)
- Roasted chickpeas.
- Avocado toast. (check out some variations here.)
- Tomato & cucumber salad. (here’s one with a creamy dressing!)
These yummy snacks are sure to hit the (hunger) spot!