After the glory of Christmas celebrations have come and gone, you may go into a deep despair… What’s next you ask?
Ringing in 2016 of course!
This old favorite is dressed up New Years’ style and will satisfy every sweet tooth, young and old!
White Chocolate New Years Eve Puppy Chow
What you’ll need:
– 8 cups chex cereal
– 1 package white chocolate candiquik
– 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
– 1 – 1½ cups powdered sugar
– gold glitter sprinkles
– edible gold star sprinkles
– large Ziploc bag
How to make:
- Place chex cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Break candiquik into squares for easier melting. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine candiquik & shortening. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Before pouring chocolate onto cereal – reserve approx. ¼ cup for drizzling over puppy chow. Pour chocolate on top of the chex cereal, gently folding it in.
- Quickly transfer chex mixture to a large ziploc bag. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar, seal & shake viciously until the cereal is coated. If the cereal is not completely coated, add another ½ cup of powdered sugar and shake again.
- Pour mixture onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle the reserved white chocolate on top of the cereal and then add the gold springkles and edible gold stars.
- Allow puppy chow to set on the baking sheet for ay 15 minutes before placing in a serving bowl. For good measure- add more gold stars before serving!
Enjoy this festive treat while remembering your favorite memories of 2015 with family & friends!
Back To Blog