Valentine’s Day is a holiday that brings up strong emotions for a lot of people. For some, it’s a fun excuse to go on a fancy date, exchange extravagant gifts, and eat LOTS of chocolate. For others, it’s a dreaded commercial holiday that highlights their single status.
Every year, a group of friends hosts what they call “Palentine’s Day.” Being someone who falls on the “ugh, I HATE Valentine’s Day” side of things, I love this event! Because it doesn’t matter if you’re single or in a relationship, it’s just a time to celebrate the amazing friends God has given you.
Whether you choose to celebrate with a mixed group of guys & gals (Palentine’s Day) or just your best gals (Galentine’s Day), here are some fun ideas!
1. Fondue: The Chocolate Café has all-you-can-can-eat fondue for $8.99 on Fridays… can you say yum?! They also have other fondue specials for groups of 2 and 4 people.
2. Spa Day: If you really want to splurge, set-up an appointment for a manicure and pedicure at your favorite spa with your favorite gals. Now, if you want to celebrate but also don’t want to break the bank, try an at-home spa day! A friend and I regularly host these, and they are so fun! You can do hair & face masks, paint nails, or try a foot soak. And of course, you’ll need to make some yummy (and fancy!) treats for the complete spa experience.
3. Game Night: Does this one need an explanation? Friends. Games. DONE. 🙂
4. Potluck: You can never go wrong with a potluck. Show off your cooking and baking skills by hosting a potluck at one of your friend’s houses. It could be for brunch, dinner, or maybe just desserts. No matter what you choose, it’ll be DELICIOUS.
5. Slumber Party: Invite your gals over for an old-fashioned slumber party. Stay up too late, eat too many snacks, & share so many laughs. You will probably be exhausted the next day, but your heart will be full, so it’s a win.
6. Craft Night: Plan a craft for everyone to complete together, or just have your friends bring the crafts they are currently working on. Put some fun music on in the background & just catch up.