When life gets busy, it can be hard to keep track of how much you’re eating, drinking, and exercising. That’s why fitness apps have been so helpful for me on my healthy lifestyle journey.
Here are five of my favorite fitness apps that you can download for free on iOS and Android.
- MyFitnessPal – I love this app! It helps you to keep track of your daily calories goals based on how many pounds you want to lose a week. If you want to maintain your current weight, it also shows you your calorie goal based on your height and weight. You can even add your friends on there for some extra fun and motivation.
- Charity Miles – This app is really cool because every time you run, walk, or bike, you earn money for a charity. Corporate sponsors agree to donate a few cents every mile that you complete. So not only are you helping yourself by working out, you’re helping a charity out as well.
- Jefit Workout – I love lifting weights, but I’m not super educated on it, so I would find myself carrying several sheets of paper with me into the gym. Jefit allows you to come up with weight-lifting workouts and helps you keep tracks of your sets and reps. There’s a calendar to help you plan lifting days and those much needed days of rest.
- Couch to 5k – This app helped me to run my first ever 5k! It was a goal I had been wanting to achieve for quite some time, and this app was perfect for it. The program is about 30 minutes long and you do it 3 times a week for 9 weeks. Soon, you’ll be ready to run your first 5k! The great thing about this is you can go at your own pace. There were times where I did the same week twice or if you fall off the wagon you can easily start from the beginning.
- Aqualert: Water Tracker Intake – Getting in the proper amount of water every day is a REAL struggle. I was becoming dehydrated quite often, so I knew keeping track of my water intake needed to be a priority. This app is easy to use and keeps track of your daily consumption and hydration level.
Have you tried any of these fitness apps? What did you think?
And let me know in the comments below if there’s a fitness app that works for you! I’m always looking for new apps to try.